Live close the the beautiful KENNESAW MOUNTAIN, with one of the highest ranked SCHOOL DISTRICTS in the state. Great restaurants and beautiful new LUXURY HOMES.
Small town charm with big city amenities
The City’s approximately 32,000 residents enjoy Kennesaw as a great place to live, learn, work and play. The City’s combination of small town charm and big city amenities provides access to:
- excellent educational resources
- first-rate parks, greenspaces, public buildings, and athletic facilities
- high quality and affordable recreation programs
- safe, well-maintained neighborhoods and central business district
The 2010 census data shows the population of Georgia was 9,687,653. The data shows population growth of 1,501,200 from 2000 to 2010, an 8.4% increase. Likewise, Cobb County’s population grew from just over 600,000 in 2000 to 688,078 in 2010, an 8.8% jump.
During the same period, Kennesaw experienced much faster population growth. Now the ninth largest city in the Atlanta metro area by population, Kennesaw saw an increase of over 8,000, growing from 21,675 to 29,783, a 34.4% jump. While other Cobb County cities showed a significant drop in the 10-29 age group, Kennesaw recorded a 3.5% increase, partly because of the explosive growth of Kennesaw State University, which is adjacent to the city’s geographic boundaries. The rapid growth of Kennesaw’s population is also spurred by our favorable location with respect to transportation (I-75 and US Highway 41) and abundant housing options across a broad economic spectrum.
Kennesaw area colleges, technical schools and universities offer some of the finest programs in the state. Below is a list of post-secondary institutions serving the Kennesaw area.
- Kennesaw State University (KSU) is the third-largest university in the University System of Georgia. It has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as an “Up-and-Coming” school. KSU has a growing student population of more than 23,000 students from 142 countries, and offers more than 65 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including doctorates in education and business. KSU has received national accolades for its emphasis on student success, campus life and the quality of its academics.
- ITT Technical Institute is committed to helping men and women develop the skills and knowledge to pursue many opportunities in today’s fastest growing career fields, including electronics, web development, computer programming,computer networking, computer drafting and design, criminal justice, business and health sciences. Over 100 campuses are located nationwide, including a Kennesaw campus on Jiles Rd.
- Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU) is a residential, co-educational member of the University System of Georgia located in Marietta. Students study the sciences and technologies in a unique, practical manner, providing an education that is career-based and balanced. Approximately 4,000 students from 35 states and 82 countries attend SPSU.
- Chattahoochee Technical College is a fully accredited, state-supported postsecondary technical college with programs designed to prepare individuals for entering the workforce, transfer to another college or university, enhance present job skills, or get a head start on college while still attending high school.
- North Metro Technical College offers both traditional and web-based educational options that include individual courses, certificates, diplomas and associate degrees, as well as adult literacy,economic development and personal enrichment programs.
- Life University is a private, non-profit institution offering first professional, graduate and undergraduate degree programs and postgraduate education in the fields of health care, science, nutrition and business.
Search KENNESAW Homes for Sale
Last updated on Nov 14, 2018 3:55:pm.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
© 2018 Georgia MLS. All rights reserved.
Today's Market Trends for KENNESAW *
* All data pertains to single-family homes